Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A mystery to be solved....

It seems that an unidentified person has committed a crime in our new home.  No one actually saw this crime take place so put on your detective hat and see what you come up with.   One could say that the blame falls on the shoulders of this mom that I know.....but lets not give in that easily.  So lets look at the clues.....I was hanging pictures on the walls today (yes I know....it's about time....it has taken me a while to decide where I want things.....so get off my back already) when I noticed that there is a new creative touch to our family portrait....now this is where the fault may be with the mom....the wall decor had been left on the floor waiting for the right spot to reveal itself.

Here is exhibit "A"  
I am not sure you can see it very well....I have been working on the removal of the orange crayon marks all afternoon....until I decided this might be a blog worthy event.  Do you see it?  



Here is a closer shot of the uhh....damage.


Here is exhibit "B"

Now she may look like the sweetest little angel that you have ever seen, but don't let her cute charm fool you.....she is a little turkey....full of all the orneriness one could possibly muster.





Now you decide....Is it the fault of a very tired mom that left these items out for the taking?  Or was it the cute little angel that was up to no good?  

Now for the motive.....could it be that she was mad that she was not in the family portrait so she decided to draw herself in?  Or could it be that she is simply almost 2 and sharing her creative side with us?  Whatever the motive, I do wish she was in this picture, but at the time it was taken she had not been born yet, and we had just begun to pursue our dreams of adopting.  So I guess it is time to have a new family portrait taken.  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny!!! She looks bigger already! I'd say she was drawing herself in!! :-)

Miss ya!
Heather

Nellie said...

It is NEVER the mom's fault! That needs to be your story and you need to STICK TO IT! She has grown up so much already! What a cutie, orange crayon and all!

Miss you!
Jenelle

Christa said...

Jenelle....I think you are right!! I will stick to that!! She has grown so much...we are even amazed how quickly she is growing. She has really started picking up words too. Her favorite word right now is "shoes" Now that is a girl after my own heart. HA! HA!

Farm Chick (at Heart) said...

This post is adorable! :)

Randa said...

What a little monkey! I love it!! She is just precious so really, maybe it's not anyone's fault. I think she's drawing herself in and really who is to blame her for that! :)

I'm so sorry I didn't get to say good bye! I was sick for what felt like an eternity! I wish you and your family the best of luck! Keep in touch!

Randa

Anonymous said...

I agree with Heather - you have an artist who knows when a picture is not quite "done"

Diane

Blog hit counter