We started out our Valentine's Day with pink, heart shaped, pancakes. The boys thought I had gone crazy, but I think they enjoyed the pancakes and hopefully we made some memories.
For a sweet touch we added some chocolate chips to a few of the pancakes. Yummy!!
Later in the day, I made these delicious petit fours that I totally blog lifted off of Mckmama's Blog. They were very good and the kids really enjoyed them.
My sweet husband took the kids out Saturday evening to do a little Valentine shopping and let them pick this out for me.
Happy Valentine's Day to me!!
Yes, that is Three pounds of solid milk chocolate. :)
Steve and I also bought boxes of chocolates for each other.
We are set in the chocolate department for quite some time.
I love my Man and all our little's!!
Then, just when I thought the day couldn't get any better, we (hubby and I) put the kids to bed early and cooked ourselves a fabulous candle lit dinner for two.
Over the years we have resorted to homebound date nights. We move around so frequently per the Air Force, leaving us with few options for babysitters. Plus, after Catie Beth came home we chose to not leave her with sitters very often.
We found that we really enjoy eating romantic dinners in the comfort of our own home.
We lit some candles to set the mood.
We enjoyed asparagus and sweet potatoes.
Shrimp Scampi
Steve picked out this gigantic porterhouse steak that we split.
For dessert I made these delicious chocolate covered strawberries.
After dinner we got comfy on the couch and rented a movie from On Demand.
It was a great Valentine's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment