Friday, January 25, 2008

January 25, 2008 IT's A GIRL


What a Day!!!!!  I picked up CJ from Pre-school and headed off to meet Steve for lunch. I was not in a great mood because it was Friday and we still had not heard anything about our baby. I just knew it was going to be this week. When I got to the restaurant I said to Steve “I wish I could have brought some good news to share with you but, I guess another week has gone by and no news about our baby”  We ended up having a fairly descent lunch and then Steve had to go back to work. CJ and I were trying to decide what to do with the rest of the afternoon. CJ was relentless that he wanted to go home. So I said “FINE” lets go home.
As we rounded the corner to our house I saw something in the front door. A FedEx package. I thought to myself what in the world is that? It couldn’t be our referral because they are supposed to call first and send it FedEx the next day. And remember it was Friday so the most we could expect was a phone call or maybe an e-mail. I ran to the door and grabbed the package. It was addressed to Steve and at first I didn’t see my name so I thought maybe it was something for his Masters class. Then wait………I saw my name and I remember thinking……..look to see who it is from. Everything was moving in slow motion. I remember almost every thought. As I read our adoption agency’s name on the package I felt week in the knees and started shaking. I knew I needed to get inside the house. I rounded up CJ as he was playing in the rocks already. I closed the garage door and got in the house, ran up the stairs and stood in the kitchen hugging the envelope crying and praying that it was good news. I reluctantly and slowly opened the envelope and pulled out a stack of documents and on the second page was the sweetest face I have ever seen!!!! My very first thought was “THIS is my Catie” I started laughing and crying at the same time thanking God for this sweet child. She was dressed in a blue and white outfit laying on a green blanket and suddenly I thought what if it is a boy. So I frantically looked through the papers and confirmed that it was a girl. I had to calm myself down so I could read all of her information. I then called Steve and told him the great news. God knew I needed this surprise!!! And what a SURPRISE!!!!!!What a Day!!!!! 

No comments:

Blog hit counter