Monday, August 25, 2008

The unknown future...

Once again we are sitting here wondering what the future holds for us.  We know for sure we are moving and we will move sometime between Feb and May.  Steve and I have had many conversations dreaming about what God might have in store for us next.  We will know where our future residence will be in just over a month.  A mixed bag of emotions accompany this.  

So I feel the need to think out loud for a little bit......we have made the decision to cut back on all of our duties and extra activities.  We are taking this time to build a stronger family.    So even though it might look like we are backing out of things right now in a way we are but we are in no way isolating ourselves. We are getting our house ready to sell and  we are preparing our family for another major change. 

The other day Steve and I were talking about what it was like when we first got here in Kansas and how hard it was to get involved in this small town. I remember taking the boys to play park for a break from unpacking boxes and as I watched the other moms sit in the covered "mom area" chatting and having a great time...I longed to be included.  It took time to get to know people and get involved.  Now that we have been involved it is time to wrap things up here. It makes me anxious just thinking about being the new person again. That is another reason that with this next move we need to have the kids prepared. 

When we moved here CJ was only 2 and Cody had just turned 4 the month before the move. They were still too young to understand what was going on but this time all three boys will totally get it. One thing we know for sure is that We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. We know without a doubt that we are on the right path and even though it is at times a hard path to walk we will willingly go where God leads. He is not done with our family story yet...every where we go he adds a new chapter to our story and leads us on amazing adventures. Please pray for us as this can/will be a very emotional and stressful time for our family. Thanks for listening or reading rather.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad to see you guys preparing to move, but watch with admiration as you prepare confidently to face the exciting adventure God has in store! I'm glad God blessed us by having you here, for an extended time even! Please keep us posted as new developments occur. Love you guys!
Jenelle

Anonymous said...

So sad to read that you are gearing up for your next move. God has blessed us all by sending you to our little ole' town.

I know he has quite the adventure in store for all of you.
Diane

Blog hit counter