Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grove sightings.....What? *edit*

*edit*I am such a dummy....I can't spell to save my life....sitings (shaking my head in embarrassment)

So, you say you heard a rumor of Grove sightings in your area?  Well, those rumors just might be true.  We traveled across country and back over memorial weekend.

First on our circle through the middle of the country, was a stop off at our vacation home in KS.  We stopped to check things out and make sure the house was still in top selling condition.  It was.  All except for some muddy footprints by the back door that were not there when we left.  They came up easily so no major harm done.

 We took advantage of our vacation home as a place to crash on our way down to TX.  Phew, that was one expensive hotel.  
 
Thanks to my fabulous friend Lisa, it had MOST of the amenities of a real hotel.  Lisa surprised us by putting a coffee pot, coffee mugs, and of course coffee, in the house.  She also provided us with doughnuts, milk, juice, paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, a towel, hand soap, a trash can, and an alarm clock.  We brought our own air mattress and sleeping bags.  So, even though we were without furniture we had everything we needed to spend the night.  She even had us over for dinner on Thursday night.

THANKS LISA!!!!! 

 Now that blogettes, is a true Friend!!!  

Yes, there were sightings of us in the local Wal-mart.  We're sorry that we didn't get to see more people or visit our church in KS.  But, time was limited, we were in town less than 18 hours.  Next time we will try to fit in more visits.  I am hoping that will be in the near future.  I would like nothing else than to come back for the closing on the the house.  But, in order for that to happen we still need to find the perfect buyer...that I just know God is going to provide soon.

Thursday evening my brother and his wife and kids joined us at our vacation home to crash as well.  Friday we  joined up with the rest of the caravan (my parents, my sister and her boyfriend and my little brother and his family)  and headed down to TX.
    
While in TX we celebrated my Grandpa's 80th birthday. 

 We all had a blast catching up with family and celebrating Grandpa's 80 years.  

Later that night we celebrated another birthday.  

My baby boy Caleb turned 11!!!  I can hardly believe he is that old.  A full fledged tween!!  Now, I am really wishing he came with a handbook.  Tweens are tricky, you know?  
My little brother and his wife gave Caleb his first weapon.  I guess he is now old enough for a BB gun.....right?!?!

After pizza, cupcakes, ice cream, and presents....we hit the pool!! My crazy boy!!
Sunday morning we packed up the cars and headed back to the St. Louis area.  We brought along my parents, my sister and her boyfriend and my little brother and his family.  None of them have been out to visit us since the move.  So the area was all new to them.  We had big plans of going to Six Flags on Monday.  But, unfortunately it was another soggy day in St. Louis.  I swear, it rains here almost everyday.  

Instead we took the metro in to St. Louis and checked out the Arch.




For lunch we headed over to Union Station and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe.

Then sadly, it was time for my extended family to head home.  I really enjoyed visiting with everyone.  It was especially nice to get caught up with my baby brother and his family.  They are in the AF as well and are stationed up in AK.  I think it had been about 2 1/2 years since I had seen him last.  Please say a prayer for them, as he will be deploying again soon, this time to Afghanistan.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad...I'm the only one not "pictured." I see where I rate ;)

Christa said...

Check again...You are in there!! Most of the pictures I have of you are not that great. You are all soggy from standing out in the rain. I thought you would be mad if I posted them. LOL!! Maybe I should have!! Muahahah!!!!

Lisa said...

Thank you Christa for mentioning what I had done for you guys you did not have to do that. You know I was only trying to win you over with some brownie points for the treatment I expect when we see you at your house in a couple of weeks.LOL

Blog hit counter