Wednesday, July 15, 2009

RBI clinic at Fanfest 2009

Hi everybody,  this is Caleb,

I am taking over Mom's blog for the day.  I have a fun story to tell you about.  

A few weeks ago I was chosen along with 18 other baseball players by the Scott Youth Center to go to the 2009 Fanfest on July 14th 2009. 
 
Yesterday I got up early and went to work with my Dad.  He dropped me off at the Youth Center at 8am.  We played for a few minutes.  Then they passed out a cool blue t-shirt and a draw string bag for everyone.  We loaded up on a bus and drove over to the Metro link (like a subway only above ground).  We bought tickets and boarded the train.  It took us about 45 min to get to downtown St. Louis.  

Once we arrived at Fanfest we went to the RBI clinic.  Which is where you can practice throwing, catching, batting, and sliding.  It was a lot of fun.  I met Tony Batista, and Brooks Robinson.  They helped me with throwing accuracy and catching grounders.  They also helped me bat by teaching me how to concentrate on the ball.  Later, while the other group was doing the RBI clinic we did a running activity.  After the running activity, we went to watch the rest of the RBI clinic.  

After the RBI clinic was over we got to go to lunch at a really good pizza place.  I forgot the name but it was really good.  I even burned my chin on the hot cheese. 
 
After lunch, we went back to Fanfest and went upstairs to do more activities.  While I was up there they made a REAL baseball card of ME!!  I chose to wear a Diamond Back jersey.  It was way too big for me but it was a real jersey.  Very cool!  

After that we went down stairs to go to the gift shop so we could buy some stuff if we wanted to.  But, I didn't buy anything because it was very expensive.   

I also got to sit in on a live press conference.  It was kind of boring but Awesome!  

They passed out more t-shirts, wrist bands, head bands, baseballs, and a REALLY COOL catchers helmet.  This is me with all my new stuff.    

3 comments:

Christa said...

Caleb,

I am glad you had fun at the clinic. I love you so much and I am so proud of you. Great job writing this post.

Mom

Jaime G. said...

that's so awesome!

Wanelle said...

Wow! Caleb that was great writing and sounds like a great time. Love ya lots,
Grandma H

Blog hit counter