So, on day two we got up and headed for Silver Dollar City. We enjoyed fantastic cinnamon rolls right inside the park. They made me want to get my baking skills out and dusted off. Hmmmm maybe next week.
After breakfast we walked in the opposite direction than where we started the previous day. We ran into the hugest rabbit I have ever seen. Seriously, if I had come across this rabbit out in the open I think I would have just ran the other way.
Next we attended school in an old one room schoolhouse. The kids loved it!!
We also attended church at the Wilderness Church.
Then to our amazement we ran into some great people that we went to church with in KS. They were there for a little weekend getaway as well. It was a quick reunion with squeals and hugs and ended too fast. We were both headed in different directions in the park but boy was it good to see a familiar face. Miss you Deanne and AJ.
After our reunion we decided to catch a show at the good ole' Saloon. We all enjoyed the show. The rest of the afternoon was filled with riding rides, shopping, and little pit stops for more candy at the candy shoppe.
Since it was Sunday we decided to watch this wonderful Southern Gospel Quartet. They were so good it made me cry.
After we watched the Quartet everyone was starting to get tired so we made a few souvenir purchases and headed out of the park in search of dinner.
We found ourselves some grub back in the Branson Landings area.
We enjoyed some more shopping, or not...some of us....not naming any names...ahem....Calebcodycamden.....decided they were spent and just wanted to go back to the condo to play with their new remote control cars. So being the fabulous parents we are, we decided it was best to avoid any undue tantrums.
On Monday we got up early, packed up the car and drug the kids kicking and screaming headed out for the outlet malls. I repeatedly heard my wonderful husband say"Boys you better knock that off and be good. We spent the last two days having fun and doing things for you guys and now your mother wants to shop. So, we are going to do it with a smile on our face." This was promptly followed by three pairs of eyes rolling back inside their heads and loud gruff sighs that could cause a gale force wind. Now, if that doesn't put you in the mood to shop I don't know what will. I didn't let it stop me.
After our outlet mall excursion we traveled to Springfield to do a little spelunking at Fantastic Caverns. I think I have 52 pictures that are all very similar to this one below. I won't bore you with them. One of the highlights of our cave explorations was seeing a tiny brown bat.
After our outlet mall excursion we traveled to Springfield to do a little spelunking at Fantastic Caverns. I think I have 52 pictures that are all very similar to this one below. I won't bore you with them. One of the highlights of our cave explorations was seeing a tiny brown bat.
So that is our weekend getaway in a nut shell.
We enjoyed our time together and made some memories. I can't wait to do it again.
1 comment:
What a fun trip! Your shopping excursion sounds hilarious--sadly, my 10yo DAUGTHER doesn't enjoy shopping any more than your boys do!
Post a Comment