Mother's Day was an eventful day for me. The kids woke me up with hugs and kisses, cards and gifts. First, I was showered with some beautiful Brighton Jewelry. I have been eyeing a few things at the BX for a while. I think Steve finally took notice a few weeks ago when I said "I would really like to have these for Mother's Day" while pointing to the exact jewelry I wanted. (He got the right ones! :o) )
Next, came a very sweet card from the man I love. The water works quickly followed. After I dried my heart felt tears we headed down stairs for breakfast. We had overslept just a bit, so I knew that we would not make it to the first service at church. I had hopes of being able to make it to Life Group (Sunday School). The boys were very excited about making me a Mother's day breakfast and I soon realized that we would also be missing our Life Group. I didn't mind. My kids were so delighted to celebrate me on Mother's Day, and I wanted to take in every sweet moment. We ended up having a relaxing, lazy, wonderful, morning.
We had lunch at Bandana's. It's a local BBQ place that we have recently fallen in love with. When we got home Cassie decided she wanted to go for a ride on Steve's motorcycle. After they returned they both insisted that I go for a ride. Now, if you know anything about me, you know I am not a risk taker. The mere thought of riding a motorcycle terrifies me. But, my sweet loving man assured me that everything would be alright. He really wanted to share his love of a thrill seeking ride with me. I reluctantly obliged. As we took off on our joy ride, I gently reminded him that we are the parents of four children that need us. With that we were off. I went on my first ride with my handsome man on the infamous crotch rocket. (I can't believe I just typed those words on my family friendly blog.)
2 comments:
Sounds so lovely - you are LOVED, mama!
ARE YOU INSANE? Get off that thing woman...and I say that as lovingly as I possibly can.
Ok...have to say I laughed out loud by the crotch-rocket comment! so funny.
Now you can say you have done it and you don't have to do it again...can you tell that I am also NOT a risk-taker? lol
Kristine
Post a Comment