Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Meet Goliath the Frog

The boys saw a frog in the middle of the road near the entrance to our neighborhood and begged to catch it.  I'm almost certain that the frog jumped as we drove over him and hit the underside of our car.  Knowing that the poor creature was probably injured I said "why not"!  Off the boys went on their bikes with a large white pail.  This is what they came back with.  CJ quickly exclaimed "his name is Goliath!"  This frog is truly the biggest frog I have ever seen.  His name fits him well.
The first picture is great, but you just couldn't tell in the photo how huge he really is.  I had the boys take him out of the pail and put a ruler next to him.  He is nearly 10 inches long (without his legs stretched out) and 5 inches wide.    


The boys begged to keep him.  Catie Beth was terrified of him.  I suddenly came to the realization that my hasty decision to let them catch this frog was a bad idea.  In the end we let Goliath go free.  The boys put him out in the field behind our park.  Sadly, Goliath didn't make it.  The boys discovered him a few days later in the exact same spot they let him go free.  We were all sad for Goliath.  I hope he had a good, long, fly filled, life!

I wonder what the boys will come home with next?!?!  

No comments:

Blog hit counter