A few weeks ago we took our family on a little weekend getaway and headed on down to Branson MO. We had such a good time relaxing and having fun with the kiddos! We arrived at our condo Thursday afternoon, unloaded all our luggage then went on down to Branson Landings to find some dinner while we waited for my Brother and his family to arrive.
On Friday we found our way to Silver Dollar City.
This was a huge wreath at the entrance of Silver Dollar City. I wish we had stopped on the way out and gotten a picture of the wreath all lit up. But, it wasn't meant to be. Maybe next year! (hint, hint, Steve!)
Cousins all together.
Catie Beth trying to choose which elephant to ride.
Camden and Catie Beth on the ladybug ride. I think this was her very first ride without Mom or Dad! Such a big girl!
My niece Kaylee! Isn't she beautiful?!
My brother Chad and his son Jared.
Steve took Catie Beth on the tea pots! Ever since we went to Disney World earlier this year Catie Beth has been talking about the big tea party. She loved "The big tea party" ride. She went crazy when she saw this ride. I think she rode it three times!
We tried to tell the boys that "in the old days" this is what grounding was all about. They didn't get it! LOL!!
Our ginger bread kids!
Being a military family I couldn't resist the opportunity to take a picture of our kids in front of an American flag all lit up with Christmas lights.
After dark we went to the front of the park to watch the tree lighting event. It was a very emotional moment for me. I am not sure what happened but when they started playing those beautiful Christmas carols and telling the Christmas story I got all choked up and started crying. It was beautiful, and I pray that we all take time out of the hustle and bustle to remember the true meaning of Christmas. Jesus came to this earth in the form of a tiny babe to grow up and pay the ultimate price for our sins and make a way so that we can spend eternity with our Heavenly Father.
On Saturday, we went back down to Branson Landing to do a little shopping.
This is my brother Chad and his wife Stacy and their adorable kids. We had a great time hanging out with them for the weekend. We hope to get together again soon!
Catie Beth hadn't picked out a souvenir yet so she begged her daddy for a reindeer at Build a Bear.
Daddy is such a push over!
Here she is showing off what her daddy bought her!
Saturday evening we went on a very special train ride that I will tell you all about in my next post.
But, before I close this post I must tell you about Cody's favorite part of our trip. On the way home we stopped in Ozark MO and ate at the famous Lambert's Cafe "home of the throwed roll." They are famous for their homemade rolls that they will toss to you across the entire restaurant! Let's just say the boys thought it was AWESOME!!!!
It was finally time to hit the road! We were all tired from our fun trip and we knew that this was waiting for us when we got home! It was a little dicey on the last stretch of road. But, we made it home safe and sound and got to enjoy a snow day from school the very next day! 





No comments:
Post a Comment