After lunch we headed out to Party City. We were looking for some cute Birthday Invitations for a very special girl that will be turning 1 in a few weeks. Party City had some cute stuff but I decided to see what else we could find. So on to Target we went. At first I was impressed how great the boys were doing and as I passed a small boy screaming and throwing a fit in the parking lot I thought to myself "Wow I am glad that isn't me, my boys are being so good." I guess I thought too fast b/c just 10 min. later we were on the birthday isle looking for invitations and CJ decided to show his brothers a cool trick with a mesh bag of little bouncy balls (you know the ones you would use as party favors). He thought if he threw it really hard on the ground that the entire bag would bounce like it was one big bouncy ball...........wrong!!!.........we found that if you throw a mesh bag of bouncy ball on the ground as hard as you can.....the bag breaks!!!!..........and twenty five bouncy balls scatter and bounce as far as two isles away. Of course this mom was oblivious to the trick that was unfolding until she saw balls bouncing EVERYWHERE. I frantically tried to pick up as many as I could as I was telling the boys to hurry and help pick them up.
Just as we thought we had them all picked up a very nice lady entered the isle with her beautiful asian daughter and started asking me questions about our sweet Catie. I have dreamed how this conversation might go. When we were waiting for our little one to come home we would see other adoptive families with their children and always wanted to say something but never quite knew what to say. Well now that our daughter IS home I have been waiting to run into another adoptive family and I sooooo wanted to have the wonderful conversation that I had dreamed about. But all I could think of was how many more bouncy balls were on the floor on the next isle as I spotted one rolling through the women's clothing. ARRRGGGG!!! I think we got most of them picked up and headed to customer service where CJ had to apologize for touching something he knew he shouldn't have. The sweet lady at customer service wouldn't let us pay for them as she said "this happens all the time" Lucky for CJ b/c it would have come out of his hard earned money in his piggy bank. (he has been doing extra chores around the house to save up money for a batman bat cave toy at target.)
We did continue on to Wal-Mart and then headed home so little miss could get a nap.
Tomorrow......we're off to buy school supplies. HMMMMM I wonder what will happen then.
1 comment:
LOL I wish I could have seen the bouncy balls... how funny! Well... funny now. I'm sure it was not quite so funny then. What a day!!!!
Have fun with the school supplies. :-)
Post a Comment