As bad as this might sound we are glad that she is grieving. This means that she will eventually let go of her loss and have a healthy attachment to us. I looked up the steps of grief and she is following them to a "T". When we first became her parents she cried a bit but then decided to be very funny and loving. We believe this was the denial part of her grieving. Then she started getting very angry with us. She hit and scratched and really didn't want much to do with us. This is step two......anger.
Today after she woke up from her afternoon nap she was crying a sad cry of desperation and almost seemed depressed. It is not an angry cry or hungry cry or uncomfortable cry it is a very sad cry. Step 3 is bargaining...I am not sure how much of that she will go through as she is so very young. But step 4 is depression and I think she has hit that step today.
One thing we know for sure is that she will eventually accept us and be very attached to us and we are looking forward to that day!! Please keep her in your prayers!!
3 comments:
I am proud of you for being so aware of her feelings and needs! You are doing an awesome job!
By the way.....where did your baby carrier come from?
Kristine~I bought it at Marshmallow kisses...It was luck I think...I went in and asked if they carried them (it is a Mei Tai) they do not usually carry them but the KC store does and it just so happened that someone had returned one to their store the day before and I snatched it up right away. I have heard the best ones are from BabyHawk. But mine is a Baby Smart Mei Tai. You can order them online. Or it could be a good excuse to go to KC for the weekend. ;o)
Hey there... I have traveling so I have not had much time to get on the blog. Today is the first day I got online since I left Wednesday. I will be praying for you and Caite.
I am in NC visiting my aunt, uncle and the girls... we are having a great time!!! I've posted some pictures on my blog... it's absolutely beautiful here.
www.hetookmyplace.blogspot.com
love ya,
Heather
Post a Comment