Monday, August 4, 2008

Shopping revisited...

Okay, first off I must say that I know that my last several posts have nothing to do with our adoption, but I think I am getting addicted to this blogging thing.  When things happen I actually think OHH this would be a great blog post.  I am now carrying my camera with me to catch such blog moments.   

Anyway on to today's story.......so being the procrastinator that I am....my boys needed soccer gear as practice started tonight.  So, after little Catie's nap we headed out to Dicks Sporting Goods.  Now this is not a store I frequent.......I usually send my man for that sort of shopping....but he was working hard so that we could buy this so called gear.  I went with the intention to not spend very much money and recycle any old gear that we had.  But as we entered the Soccer isle the boys got stars in their eyes and they all wanted everything. 

 I knew they all three needed shin guards and socks....and I knew that Caleb was going to need a new pair of cleats.  So I rounded up these particular items and was thinking that I should head to the check out.....I should have run as fast as I could to the check out b/c what happened next goes down in my book as a horrible shopping experience. 

 The very nice (but not too helpful) store clerk pointed out to us that they have a package deal.  You could get cleats, shin guards, socks, and a ball for only $39.99.  So, I thought to myself If I buy just one package we could get the extra ball that we needed and then each of our boys would have their very own soccer ball.  Smart thinking right?.......wrong.......do you know what happens when your kids think one of their siblings is getting a better deal than the other.  Yep, thats right, a little Grove riot started in that very store....."who gets the ball?"  and "Caleb is getting new cleats and mine are too small and they hurt my feet."  Then I heard all about the other soccer balls that are too flat and how there would only be one good ball.  So what does a good wife do???.....YES...I put the monkey on Daddy's back.....I called him at work and asked him "what should I do".....What did good ole Dad say???....he said "Well if it is only $30 more (than what I was already spending) then buy them all a package set.>>>>>>enter Catie>>>>>>screaming and fussing obviously just as tired of this scene as I was!!!  Thank the Good Lord in Heaven that my friend Heather came along on this trip.  She was a ton of help and if she had not been there I probably would have left the half filled shopping cart right in the middle of the store and walked out without a single purchase.  

Anyway back to the story.  Per Dad's decision we are now going to buy each boy a package set.  I get three addidas shin guards, three pairs of addidas socks, three addidas soccer balls and then headed off the the shoe dept to get the other two some cleats.  This is when the day got really frustrating.....They had the perfect pair for CJ....now on to Cody....wait for it.........They didn't have his size......So now we are temporarily back to square one. 

 I ask the guy what my options are b/c this mom can't buy two kiddos a package and not go home with something for the middle kid. (I am a middle kid and it is sometimes hard to be that smashed in the middle kid)  So he tells me that umbro has a package deal as well and wanted to know if I wanted him to see if they have Cody's size.  Of course I said yes and thankfully they had his size.  So in the mean time Heather went back to the soccer isle and found umbro socks, shin guards and an umbro ball......but it just so happened that the umbro set came with a free drawstring bag.  Normally this would be a fantastic find but this frazzled mom couldn't take anymore unfairness.  The other two were whining that they didn't get a bag and I finally had had enough I  said "I don't care who has what, I am not changing one more thing in this store and that is FINAL....you WILL be happy with what is in this cart, or you get nothing"  We quickly walked up to the check out to get the heck out of that crazy testosterone filled store!!!  

This is when I realized that the diaper bag, which now doubles as my purse(I am the mommy of a baby again :o)) was left in the shoe dept.  So Heather ran back to look for it and thankfully it was still there. 

 Now finally  I thought we could pay and get the heck out of this store......nope.......we always have to test the limits of the shopping experience.  The poor girl tried to ring up my purchase and it (the stupid computer) would only let you buy one package deal at a time.  So the only way I could purchase three package deals was if they were separate transactions.  So.....she had to ring them each up separately, and I had to swipe my debit card three times.  Honestly WHY CAN'T ANYTHING BE EASY!!!  At this point, all I could do was laugh and have Heather take a picture so I could blog this craziness.  So here I am swiping my card for the third time!!!  



Are you still with me???? I know it is a long story.......but it was a long day.....so after our long trip to Dicks I decided to treat the boys to a slush at sonic (not sure why I thought they deserved it).....But, we pretty much got the worst service ever....I pushed the button three times and couldn't get anyone to take our order and then finally when they did take our order the guy didn't repeat it so I wasn't sure they got it right.....thankfully they did.....but the guy forgot our straws and had to go back inside to get them and then he handed me my straws and said "have a nice day" and never brought me my change. Good thing it was only a few cents.  I didn't have anything left in me to fight for a few cents.

 Notice in the pictures that I am wearing my Lucky Charms shirt....Yeah right it brought me no luck. This shirt might just get burned. LOL!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhh girl...have i ever been there! W/ only 2 boys, but man i've been there! Glad you made it out alive! Poor Catie sounds like a trooper.....for some reason Heather won't go shopping w/ me anymore, maybe it was one to many trips like yours:) Hang in there! I'm impressed how much you've braved!LOL Good Luck! Remember, school is around the corner:) Love, Elaina

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad it's not just my three boys that misbehave in places like Target. (hilarious story BTY) Your stories are too funny.

Yes, our trip to Dick's was every bit as eventful. I never know what to buy, and I always end with too much, and they all end somthing. How is this possible? What happen to hand-me-downs? Do they all really need their own footballs...my husband said yes too!

Catie might think she has joined a circus?!!! I know our daughter will think that...poor thing!

I'm glad things are going well and I love reading your blog!

Heather (Michelle's friend)

Blog hit counter