Now, you must know blogettes (that is my new name for...ahem....you), that I am terribly out of shape. I could give you gobs and gobs of excuses.....that I just typed out...then deleted. The plain and simple truth, is that I am out of shape.
Anyway, I managed to motivate myself to get back on track with my long forgotten game plan. So, I went to the gym and decided that I would jog at least 1/2 a mile on the treadmill. I figured that I would work myself up to three miles a couple days a week.
I hopped up on the machine of death treadmill, and worked myself up to a brisk walk...then came the 1/4 mile mark and the jogging needed to start. I pushed the button and away I went on a nice paced jog. I hit the 3/4 of a mile mark....and I was still alive, so I decided I could go a little further. I was so proud of myself when I hit the one mile mark (meaning that I actually jogged 3/4 of a mile without stopping) I then cooled down for the next 1/4 of a mile. I bounced off the machine with glee....that was easy....piece of cake....I was so proud of my accomplishments and I even said out loud, in an audible voice "I bet I can make it an entire mile tomorrow"............Whoa.....Hold on......That was before I woke up this morning and couldn't.even.move.
I am not kidding, I am hurting so bad today in muscles I didn't even know I had. Seriously, there are muscles in my wrists that are aching. I had no clue I needed to use my wrists to run.
I am not kidding, I am hurting so bad today in muscles I didn't even know I had. Seriously, there are muscles in my wrists that are aching. I had no clue I needed to use my wrists to run.
There is no way I will be able to get back on a machine of death treadmill today. It will be at least a couple of days before I recover.
I know some of you are runners. How do you get past the pain?
I know some of you are runners. How do you get past the pain?
**Side note, edit, PS, whatever you want to call it....I know there are readers out there b/c I am getting a fair amount of hits a day on the blog, but, I don't know who you are.....so if you want to....I know you don't have too....but, there is this little box in the right side bar that is for followers of this blog.....you could click on that thingy and follow my blog....If you want to....pretty please!! LOL!! I know I lurk on other blogs as well.....but I sure would like to see your lovely faces!!
7 comments:
hahaha! i own one of those death machine's and am so mad at it for inflicting pain that i haven't stepped on it in 6 months!!! it just stands behind me while i sit on my bum watching tv, peaking over my shoulder with a look of disappointment. evil thing!
you go girl! i too need to get my butt downsized... i mean, get healthy. but i'm holding a grudge against said death machine.
GOOD FOR YOU!!!! My advise for the pain...JUMP BACK ON the Death Machine...it'll loosen you up and you'll be glad you did! If you wait until your not sore any more then you'll either decide not to go back or you'll be sore all over again! :) Great job!!!
Randa
Way to go! I started the process so slowly that I didn't get too sore! :) Probably better take some advil and get back to it. Maybe work your way up this time.
How is the lego situation?
I had no idea the wrists were necessary, either! Good for you runnin all that way the first time. You'll be up to three miles in no time!!
Okay Christa!! You are my inspiration...the pressure is on!! I've been having the battle in my mind daily...time to exercise/I'll start tomorrow! Now I know it is time to MOOOO-ve, oops I mean MOVE!
YOU GO GIRL!!
PS. I haven't signed up to follow your blog because I haven't found a picture to use yet (that I can stand), so I'd just show up as a lovely, blue silhouette of a man!
Jenelle,
You are soo funny!! I just don't understand why you wouldn't want to be a little blue man. LOL!!
I am not nearly as sore today....so I will hit the gym again tomorrow.
You can be my virtual workout buddy.
Hey there! I stopped over from Kelly's Korner.
Definitely good stretching before and after the run helps. After a few sessions (like 3 or 4) you will quit waking up stiff as a board, I promise! Also increase your gains slowly!
I would never have thought I would become a runner. I used to walk on an inclined treadmill and get a good cardio, but one day about a year ago I decided to give a slow jog a whirl. And I just kept challenging myself to go a little further, a little faster, a little higher on the incline. I thought I would never be able to say I faithfully run 5-6 miles 3-4 times a week! Now I am addicted!
I also incorporate strength training, switching between upper and lower every other day. Just some 15-lb hand weight stuff, wall sits, and squats. Keeps that metabolism in the sky!
Post a Comment