Thursday, May 7, 2009

Off We Go....

Catie Beth and I left this morning for Omaha.  Sadly, Steve and the boys had to stay behind because of work, school, and of course baseball.  Catie Beth did pretty well on our flights.  The first flight was not very full, so we scored an extra seat for her to sit in.  It was wonderful!!  She entertained herself by watching Tinkerbell on the computer.  


Our second flight was completely full so Catie Beth had to sit on my lap.  But, we sat next to the nicest guy.  He was so sweet and played with her.  He was coming home for the first time in 3 years.  He is in the Navy and had been deployed a lot over the last three years.  It was such a blessing to watch him walk up to his welcoming family, they were waving flags and full of tears, ecstatic to see him.  I couldn't help but think about all the times I have been on the other end of the airport waiting for my husband to come home.  I know how they felt....the joy in their hearts....What a sweet homecoming.  
  
We are here in Omaha to see my baby sister graduate from college.

Oh, and we will be sure to get in some girl time as well.  More to come.....


2 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

What an adorable little flyer!

How special to have sat next to that gentleman.....I can't even imagine being away from home for that long. Sweet homecoming for sure!!

Enjoy your vacation!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

So great you got to experience the reunion of the family...3 years is a very long time...I cannot imagine.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Love the pics.

K

Blog hit counter