Today Catie Beth is 8 months old. I will tell you a little bit about her. We don't know much....but I don't think I have told many people what I do know. She has been described as Very Shy. She is in very good health. She is sitting up all by herself now with good balance and has started pulling herself up to standing. At the rate things have been going she may be walking by the time she comes home. I am not prepared for that. Steve bought a gate for the stairs but we will have to do some major baby proofing in our home. She says Omma and Oppa this is Mom and Dad in Korean. She plays peek-a-boo and is a happy baby.
Her Korean name is Byeol and was given to her by her birth-mother. It means Star and it was given in the hopes that she will be a glowing star and lighten the world. I love what it means. She is already a bright glowing star in my life.
Her American name will be Caitlyn Elizabeth....we will call her Catie Beth for short. Caitlyn means Pure and Elizabeth means Gift from God. I also love these meanings because she is a Pure Gift from God. Although we are changing her name.....her Korean name will always be a part of who she is and she will always have the option to use it if she so chooses.
No comments:
Post a Comment