Thursday, May 15, 2008

Lunch...

I have to tell you what happened to us today.  Steve called and wanted me to meet him for lunch.  And I never turn down a lunch invite from my Man.  So CJ, Caleb, and I headed off to Wichita to meet Steve.  (Yes Caleb is supposed to be in school today.  But yesterday he came home with a fever.  He is still fighting a fever but other than that he is fine.  I guess he caught whatever CJ and I had)  We debated about where we should go for lunch.....CJ's choice was none other than McDonalds.....Caleb on the other hand said Logan's Roadhouse......and since Caleb is feeling under the weather and really never gets to go to lunch with us b/c of school......got his pick.  It helped that Steve will never turn down a Steak opportunity.  So to Logan's we went.  We had a nice lunch. When it was time for our server to bring us our check....she came to the table with a big smile on her face and said that she just wanted to let us know that our entire check had been taken care of. Steve said "NO Way, are you serious?" She said "I am very serious!" Now this isn't the first time this has happened to us it was actually the 5th time since we have lived in Kansas. Most of the time it happens when Steve is in uniform. Every time this happens I am so humbled by it. What a generous thing to do! When we got out to our car we prayed for this person/people. We prayed that God would bless them in amazing ways just as they were a blessing to us. So this will be #1 on my list today!!

1. Lunch
2. A beautiful Day
3. Kind words from my friend Miranda
4. My Grandparents (Mom told me you are reading this and praying for us. You made me cry!! I love you!!)
5. Chad, Stacy, and baby Jared (Can't wait to kiss you again Jared)
6. Curt, Jerri, Samantha and Cole ( Miss you guys and we think of you often. Come see us soon!!!!)
7. David, Helen, Tim, and Becky (looking forward to seeing you all next week!!)
8. Tiffany and Roy (They are a blessing to us in sooo many ways. Tiff actually introduced Steve and I to each other)
9. Danny and Terri (Our good friends from Arizona)
10. Many, Many, Many more friends and family!!!!

No comments:

Blog hit counter