Monday, June 16, 2008

Amazing Day!!!

We finally met our Catie today!! We were walking up to the Holt office and her foster mother was getting her out of her car. We both recognized each other right away and the FM motioned us to come over to see Catie. She was wide eyed and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! We got the moment on our video camera but we don't have the right cord to hook up our video camera up to our computer for downloading so we will have to share that part with you at a later time. But we got lots of still shots and some little videos on our regular camera. I have tons of details but I know you all are dying to see pictures so I will give details at the bottom of this post.





God showed Himself today in a major way at our meeting with Catie Beth. Christa asked about the song they (her foster mother and Mrs. Lee) kept singing to her. Everytime they hummed this song, the baby would wiggle and start to dance. I was taking some video with the digital camera and caught this moment. I think I was in shock a little because I heard the entire conversation, but it didn't dawn on me until we watched the videos at the hotel. Catie's favorite song, and one of the songs that has been sung to her is the hymn Blessed Be The Name. GOD IS SOOOO GOOD! Check out the video. Everytime I see it I cry like a baby!

Christa Here with details....after seeing Catie in the parking lot we headed inside to our meeting place and waited for the official meeting. They brought Catie in and told us a little bit about her and what she likes. Then they handed her to me...at first she just stared at me and then she looked at Steve and burst into tears. She buried herself in my shoulder with her blanket (the one that we sent her...it is her favorite blanket) she started sucking her thumb and calmed right down. She wasn't really sure what to make of us and it took a her a little bit to warm up to Steve. We got to spend about 45 min. with her and then had to go meet with the Dr. for questions and her pre-flight physical. She is doing great and has obviously been very loved in a Christian Home. Her foster mother gave us a lot of pictures of her from the time she was just a few weeks old up until now.

It was very hard for us to leave her. I wanted to take her home today...but we have to wait until Wed. before she becomes ours FOREVER!!! We are totally excited for Wed.

No comments:

Blog hit counter