Sunday, June 15, 2008

Itaewon market

Today with the help of some friends we ventured out on the subway. We went to Itaewon market. We had a great time. Itaew0n is a market located very close to a US Army Base and is a very Americanized place. We saw the Hard Rock Cafe, KFC, Cold Stone, McDonalds, and many more familiar places. I found several great treasures including the Hanbok I was looking for.



We went here for lunch....

Happy Father's Day to Steve we scored with this.....

This was the best steak I have ever had....no joke after seeing some very unappetizing food items....this was heaven. I don't think I have eaten a solid meal since Wednesday night before we left and I was so hungry.

We had a great time visiting with our new friends. There are many families here to meet/pick up their children and here are a few that I met on my adoption forum.

We found this guy making some really cool sculptures out of wire....Here he is making a little something for some very sweet boys that I know....



We were very tired last night so we came back to the hotel and went to bed by 9pm. Now it is 3 am and I can't sleep. We meet Catie Beth in just a few hours at 10 am. That will be at 8 pm Sunday evening for you guys. I am very excited, but am very nervous too. Pray for us in the next 8 or so hours. We have waited so long for this moment and I can't believe we are finally going to meet our baby girl. I am not exactly sure what to expect. I am praying that she won't be too scared of us.

I will tell you all about it in my next post!!!

Oh also a very not~so~comforting event is going on outside our hotel. There is a huge demontration/protest about the sale of US Beef here in Korea. They are not happy that Korea is still importing US beef with the scare of Mad Cow disease. The scary part is that at night they block all the street around our hotel with busses and we can't get a taxi to come near the hotel to pick us up. There are police in riot gear everywhere. Our hotel is just a block or so away from City Hall and the US embassy and that is were the protest is going on. It does make us nervous but we aren't really scared. So far it has been a peaceful demonstration and we hope it stays that way but the Korean police are ready if it doesn't stay peaceful. I tried to take a picture of some of the police in their gear standing guard. I asked them If I could take their picture and one of the young men said "No thank you.....I take you picture". They were very nice and polite and looked like they were about 18 years old. I will try again today to get a picture.

No comments:

Blog hit counter