Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Visa Interview

I called the Department of State's Visa office today (like I have almost everyday for the last week) and today I got a different answer than what I usually hear. The usual conversation goes something like this.

1.Me~ "I am trying to find out some information on my baby's visa"

2.Them~"May I have your case number?"

3.Me~ "Sure (give them the case #)"

4.Them~ "the last information we have is that her packet 3 was sent out on 4/10"(yes that is right almost 8 weeks ago) "Nothing has been returned yet"(sometimes they would say "you need to have your agency look into this. That is way too long for it to be out with no new information")

5.Me~ "Thanks, Good bye"


Well today folks this is what I heard

Same as before up until line 4
Them~ "There has been a visa interview scheduled for June 5th at 1pm."

This was when the tears fell. I just couldn't believe it. I have heard that same answer for so long.

This means that Catie's paperwork is all ready to go and that her Visa will be issued tomorrow at 1pm. That is at 11pm for us tonight. Now we will be waiting for "THE CALL" The call could come tomorrow or it could be in a week. But one thing is for sure.....It will be SOON!!!! :o)

It will take us a good day to make the travel arrangements and to get my parents here for the boys and then we will be off to meet our SWEETHEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Blog hit counter